Sacred Heart works to increase food stability at Thanksgiving.
In 2020 Sacred Heart put together 156 baskets helping over 315 people!
- Canned meat, chicken or fish
- Chunky soups with meat, canned chili, canned beef stew, “Beef-a-roni”
- “Spaghetti O’s” for children
- Canned pork and beans
- Pasta sauce and dry pasta
- Boxed macaroni and cheese
- Peanut butter and jam
- Assorted canned vegetables (peas, green beans, corn, carrots)
- Canned fruit with light syrup
- Instant mashed potatoes
- bag of rice
- 24 oz bottle of cooking oil
- Dried beans (red, pinto, navy, or black)
- 4lb bag of Maseca Corn Flour for tortillas
- Shelf stable milk
- “just add water” biscuit and pancake mixes
- Do NOT donate turkeys
If you can’t shop, monetary donations are welcome. Make your check or EFT donation to Sacred Heart and specify “Thanksgiving Baskets” in the memo line. Kindly keep in mind that fundraising activities are above and beyond parish offertory. We are blessed to have many ministries, but it is important that we do not diminish support to parish operations in their favor.
Bring all donations to Sacred Heart no later than 4PM Sunday November 21st
We need help sorting and packing the food. Sign up by calling Sacred Heart Office. (757) 625-6763
- Monday November 22nd (3-5PM): Pack the grocery bags for distribution
- Tuesday November 23rd (9-11AM): Load vehicles for five agencies: Catholic Worker, Virginia Supportive Housing, Norfolk Community Services Board, A Hope 4 Life, and St Peter’s Catholic Church Eastern Shore Migrant Ministry (click to download the list of agencies)